Saturday, November 26, 2011

Thanksgiving in D.C.

We are winding down now, relaxing on our last day here in D.C., returning to Minnesota tomorrow morning.  We had a lovely time here with family, ate way too much but did get out and about quite a bit as well.  For those who have visited D.C., you know that you walk, walk, walk.  I'm not sure I walked enough to counteract all that I ate, but I sure tried.  I'm posting a few images that I took while walk, walk, walking.  My son and his wife were kind enough to get me around so that I could take lots of images.  Here's the first one of my nieces home where we had our feast.
In addition to the usual Thanksgiving fare, we also ate several Filipino dishes as my sister's husband is from the Philippines.  I'd share with you what they were, but I don't know how to spell them.  Maybe next time.
I absolutely love walking the streets of D.C.  There are such wonderful row houses throughout the entire city.  Our weather here was stellar.  The sun was out each and every day.  Just gorgeous here.
  This is all I've been able to put together so far, but I've got plenty of material to work with when I get back to the Cities.

We have so much to be thankful for.  I hope everyone had a beautiful Thanksgiving.  I know I did.



No comments:

Post a Comment